Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Did you use the free upgrade to windows vistas?

I bought my XP (media center edition) just before this new vistas came out and sent away for my (almost free) upgrade to home edition. I havent bothered to install it yet since my bought for antivirus wasnt compatible. i was wondering if it was worth the bother of installing, my computers meant to be vistas compatible with 1 GO live memory and 350 hard drive but i've heard a lot of bad things about vistas.



Did you use the free upgrade to windows vistas?adware



Most people are unhappy with Vista because it doesn't offer you anything new that is really of any use, but does have peoblems with lack of available drivers and the fact that it asks you if you are sure that you're sure that you're sure that you want to give yourself the rights to be sure that you can do basically anything.



This appears to be Microsoft's idea of what computer security is GRRRRR.



I suggest instead that you update to XP Service Pack 3 if you haven't already (just google for it) which can actually speed up your PC a bit and gets rid of the 20000 updates and patches issued after the last few years.



Did you use the free upgrade to windows vistas?antivirus scan



People are so anti-Vista and it gets really annoying. People think that just cause the stuff they bought years ago doesn't work on Vista it means Vista sucks. Noooo it means you have to buy recent stuff that's Vista compatible, you can't just expect every single thing in the world to work on new stuff just like that. Basically if you're afraid of change and that your current stuff won't work, don't do it. That's the bottom line.
Vista is just fine for those of you that don't do anything other than surf the net. But there are bugs like any other operating system. I use Windows XP on my tower and vista on my laptop and I can't really see any problems except the annoying pop up asking me if a certain program is ok to install.



Is there a reason you need to upgrade? Also get rid of whatever antivirus you have a switch to avast! its free for home users and it works a heck of a lot better.
I went the VISTA way and now my fax, photcopier,scanner, and whatever the camea thing is no good. They drivers on these items are incompatible. I hate VISTA
Vista is fine. The badthings are people afraid of change. As long as you have vista drivers available for your printers,etc... Then no prob. It is nice
I wouldn't upgrade if I was you especially with only one GB of RAM.
DON''T SWITCH TO VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment