Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I free up space on my D drive?

I just reinstalled Windows XP and chose the New Installation option as opposed to the Upgrade option so that the programs on my computer would be deleted and I could start fresh. So far, the list of programs on my computer consist of the Google toolbar, 3 different programs that came on a disc with my Sony camcorder and Avast Antivirus. This ''balloon'' keeps popping up saying HP_Recovery (D:) is VERY low on space. When I open My Computer and hold the mouse over the D: drive it says there's 15.3MB of free space out of a total 5.02GB total size for that drive. I have nothing to get rid of that I know of. Could it be that what was on my computer before I reinstalled Windows is still lurking somewhere taking up space? How would I find it and get rid of it? Is it obvious yet that I know almost nothing about computers? Please help if you can. I still need to install a program for my digital camera, a program for editing audio and get the new version of Internet Explorer.



How do I free up space on my D drive?antispyware



Did u installed windows Xp on drive d.



if yes then u must have formated the disk first and then installed windows xp, reinstalling does not delete programs but just copy the windows files over the previous once and keeps the drives information,



any previous programs or documents will not be deleted.



How do I free up space on my D drive?best antivirus software



When you open My Computer there should be a drive labeled (C:) this is where you want to install new programs.



Don't forget to install a Firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment