Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Windows Live OneCare ran out- Renew or diff. Antivirus?

My windows liveonecare subscription ran out today so I'm av-less. Should I just renew or use different software? I want something that protects against viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, rootkits, just ALL the bad stuff out there. A firewall would be great, but sometimes they're not that good. I've heard Kaspersky is a great solution but it's very expensive. Internet security has everything while it's antivirus has everything but a firewall. Is there a good freeware firewall that works well with Kaspersky, has the highest ratings (works just as well or better than paid for firewalls), and doesn't hurt system resources?



Basically, I'm choosing to renew Live OneCare or to buy Kaspersky AV and get a freeware firewall. Should I just renew, or what freeware firewall is as good or better than paid firewalls and easy on resources?



I have Vista Business 32-bit with 2.0GHZ dual core processor, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 335MB vidram, and 50GB free HDD space.



Help?



Windows Live OneCare ran out- Renew or diff. Antivirus?virus protection



re-install it



Windows Live OneCare ran out- Renew or diff. Antivirus?agv



A recent newsletter by Widows Secrets had an article about the best and worst firewalls. Live OneCare scored near the bottom. The free Comodo Firewall Pro had a perfect score. From the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment