Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I had a pop-up appear on my screen about a month ago that masquerades as an antivirus and can't

When it appeared as ''XP Antivirus Protection 2008'' I mistook it as something from Microsoft. It offered a free scan, so I mistakenly checked it out and before it would delete the bugs it found it needed to be paid $49 which I refused. Now it is stuck on my task bar with a logo similar to Microsoft's followed by ''xpa'' and every few minutes it pops up onto my screen. It doesn't show up under ''Programs'' on my hard drive. How can I dump this annoying low life skunk?



I had a pop-up appear on my screen about a month ago that masquerades as an antivirus and can't get rid of it.adware remover



try manual removal instructions;



I had a pop-up appear on my screen about a month ago that masquerades as an antivirus and can't get rid of it.antivirus protection



1. Download and run firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ).Browser attacks aren't easy to spot because they piggyback on legitimate traffic that doesn't exhibit many obvious warning signs



http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.c...



2. Run the vundo and combo fix http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.c...

No comments:

Post a Comment